Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Some weeks just fly by...

Wow- is this week over already? Where did it go? Ours went a little bit of everywhere! We didn't cook at home this week as much as I'd like, but there was lot going on so I'm cutting myself some slack! I wasn't feeling well in the beginning of the week, so although we cooked those Sweet and Spicy Grilled Cheeses on Monday, we just had leftovers on Tuesday.

Wednesday the weeone had dinner with her dad, and I went to my Women's Bible Study at Grace Bible Church and then met a few girlfriends at a new local hangout. The place is called Cedar Creek Cafe, Bar & Grill. It's a great place and part of the the Onion Creek / Dry Creek Family. I was already a fan of Onion Creek to go have a beer, a fan of Dry Creek for a great burger and so it only makes sense that I would love Cedar Creek as well...and I do! In fact, I liked it enough just having a beer with the girls on Wednesday that the weeone, my parents and I went for an early dinner/happy hour Friday! The atmosphere is great. They have a good selection of draft beers, a full bar and a menu that's more than just bar food (although there's plenty of bar food options if that's what you're looking for). It's not super cheap, but you can get a burger and fries for around $8, however their wings are $1 each, so a bit pricey. The biggest downside to Cedar Creek is the service. I'm not sure when they opened, but their waitstaff and bartenders need some help. I stood at the bar for at least 10 minutes while the staff chatted amongst themselves. So although I like the place - you've got to have a chunk of time and not expect much in the way of service to go hang out at Cedar Creek.

Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments: