Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Pretty things warm my heart

There are a variety of things that make me smile and warm my heart.

The sound that goes along with this -


The way a really good belly laugh lights up a room...

The smell of chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven...

The relief of a friend's voice across a phone line on a really tough day...

The way family feels...

And new gadgets for my kitchen!

I have had a catalog from Sur La Table taunting me from my kitchen counter all week. I've left it unopened and untouched knowing that there are treats inside that would call my name if I were to flip through the pages.

Tonight when the weeone and I returned home from an evening of laughing and smiling and movies and friends, she went to bed and I started picking up some things around the house. I picked up the catalog from Sur La Table. Then I sat down on the couch. Next? Yep, you guessed it. I opened the catalog and began to look through it.

Oh the wonders.

There are these double old-fashioned glasses that are screaming my name. I just think that a vodka and soda with a slice of lime would look at home and beautiful in the green ones....or the red ones....or even the blue ones.


And then this soup pot. I think the Kiwi color would really make soup taste better. Don't you agree?


I always say I should make my own stock. And maybe, just maybe I would actually do it in a stockpot that looked as pretty as these.

Oh, there are many other things that warm my heart (like ice cream and puppies and summer vacation), but tonight it's these delightful little treasures in the Sur La Table catalog.

Why, oh why couldn't I have just tossed that catalog in the recycling bin and never opened the cover?




No comments: