Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm a Yankee-Doodle-Dandy...

I love the 4th of July. There are three main reasons I love the 4th of July and I got to experience all of them again this year.

#1 - I adore deviled eggs - everything about them; the making, the eating and the eating. Did I say that twice? Well, yeah, I meant it. They're good. No doubt about it.


This year the weeone lent a hand in the deviled egg-making. She helped peel the eggs after they were cooked and she did some mixing while making the devilish parts. It was fun. We had a great time in the kitchen.



My secrets to great deviled eggs? No recipe. It's true. This is one thing that doesn't need a recipe - it's an eyeballin' thang. To the egg yolks I add: Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Dill Relish, and Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning. I also sprinkle some of that Tony's on top when they're done. It adds a nice little kick that I love! Of course, the love of the weeone is sprinkled in as well to make your day all sunshine and lollipops-like. =)

#2 - I think my dad is a great grillmaster. He did a great job as always. This year it was burgers and dogs, accompanied by Tutu's great bbq'd beans, my mom's broccoli salad...yummy!



#3 - I love setting off fireworks. It's true. I suppose I'm a bit of a closet pyromaniac. I love the bright lights, the load noises, the element of surprise - all of it. As it turns out, the weeone has inherited this trait (to be fair, her father is like that too!) so we had WAY too much fun in the Fireworks Warehouse! I could have bought them out.

My pyrotechnic handiwork...


I hope you all had a very safe and very happy and very explosive 4th of July!!!!



4 comments:

staci said...

i'll let you be in charge of the fireworks next year when we join you !!!

AGirlintheSouth said...

I told you they were pretty good! We had a good time doing them, that's for sure!

Patrice said...

Yum!! Looks great! :) Glad you had a fun 4th!!
It was nice meeting you tonight on the chat thingy! lol I'm now following you so we can be blog friends! :)

AGirlintheSouth said...

welcome aboard, patrice! yes, the mcmommy live feed was interestingly entertaining last night!