Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer homecookin'....joy on a plate!


Hey Look! It's a 2 Post Tuesday!

In my kitchen nothing says summer like corn on the cob. It's a love that I seem to have passed on to my daughter as well. And now that she has her 2 front teeth again she's game to eat it! As soon as summer corn hits the produce section we start eating it on a ridiculously regular basis. Yellow and crisp and sweet - it's just a little party in your mouth. I had some in the fridge, prime for shucking and cooking and ready to eat. But...what to have along with it? How about some good down home cooked food...something like.....meatloaf!



Now, I cheat a bit on meatloaf. A few years ago I found a meatloaf seasoning mix that makes meatloaf simple, mindless and quite tasty. It's the Old Fashioned Meatloaf Mix from Homemade Gourmet. I follow their directions, subbing barbecue sauce in place of ketchup. My other meatloaf secret? Yes, I have more than one meatloaf confession for you, is that I make my meatloaf in a muffin pan. Why, you may ask? Well, it's already perfectly portioned and makes it so much easier to save the leftovers for later meals!



The last addition to this dinner is a fave of the weeone - smashed potatoes. I take the little itty bitty red potatoes, wash them, boil them whole then slightly smash them on a flat stone, add some butter and garlic and toss them under the broiler for about 5 minutes or so. yum.




So, no real recipe...but a great meal!
YUM!!!

No comments: