Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

30 Days of Beverages - Day 19 - South Side!

Let's start with this....yes, I know that I'm 4 days behind. Vacation does things like that to you. =) I tried to keep up, but some days were just not possible and some days I just didn't wanna. So, we'll stay a little bit behind.

Today, an interpretation of a favorte cocktail from the Zig Zag Cafe in Seattle. Nope, never been there, but I came to it via a cocktail recipe book and thought it sounded awfully good. I'm a sucker for a recipe that includes orange, lemon and mint! It's a bit shocking we haven't had a mojito yet this month!





South Side Fizz

1 slice orange
1 slice lemon
4 large fresh mint leaves
1/4 ounce gin
1/8 ounce Cointreau
4 ounces Champagne brut or sparkling wine brut

In a shaker, muddle the citrus clices, mint, gin, and Cointreau. Shake vigorously with ice. Stain into a chilled 6-ounce sparkling wine glass and top slowly with the chilled bubbly. Serves 1.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

This looks great- I copied the recipe and gave it to DH- the mix master in our house. I hope to try this tomorrow or sunday- might use presecco- do you think that would work?

thanks :)
cheryl

AGirlintheSouth said...

Hey Cheryl - How nice to have an in-house mix master! Can I borrow him? =) I think that Prosecco would work fine in this drink. It might be a itty-bit sweeter, but still great! Hope you enjoy it!