Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

30 Days of Beverages - Day 20 - Mary, oh Mary!



I first fell in love with Bloody Marys in college. There was something about the spice, the heat, the tomato and the hair of the dog that made them very desirable. My first Bloody Marys consisted of a Bloody Mary mix, vodka and little piece of celery sticking out.

Over the years, I've upgraded my Bloody Mary recipes. I'm still known to use a GOOD mix from time to time (I like Red Eye's Horseradish is my fave!), but the best Bloody Marys are still the ones that start with tomato juice and build up the flavors until you get that spice and depth of flavor that calls you back again.

This Bloody Mary is best served with a pickled green bean as the garnish, but I was out, so I didn't garnish at all. You can salt the glass or not and garnish with you favorite Bloody Mary side item....enjoy!



Terri's Bloody Mary

6 oz tomato juice
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/3 - 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
4 shakes of Tabasco (or more if you'd like!)
3 turns of a pepper mill

Mix all ingredients, pour over ice and garnish with a pickled green bean. Serves 1.


No comments: