Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

30 Days of Beverages - Days 26 and 27 - The Best Laid Plans

Yep, I got behind. I made the drink, but was exhausted last night and couldn't find the strength to tap keys long enough to string a coherent sentence together for you. We'll call it first-week-of-school-itis. It's a newly diagnosed disorder that consists of symptoms such as extreme fatigue, muddled thoughts, inability to lift your arms at the end of the day and the overwhelming need to run away. Did I WANT school to start? =) You always want what you don't have....true, true, so true.

For yesterday's drink I stayed on my theme of Russia. Perhaps the delightful thoughts of frozen tundra and how nice it would be to be cold right now have lured me there these past few days or maybe I just got stuck in one section of a cocktail recipe book. I'll never tell.

The Moscow Mule was my cocktail yesterday and this one was a WINNER! I really liked it. It's fizzy, a little fruity, and lot vodka-y (again, me and the making up of words!). This is a great one for a hot day.



The Moscow Mule

2 oz vodka
2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
8 oz ginger ale

Mix and serve over ice. Serves 1.

Today's drink was a bit of a boondoggle. I was given the idea of making a B-52. I've never had one and it seemed like a good idea...pretty layers of booze that all make up one nice little drink.

Oh, the best laid plans.

Turns out, my Irish Cream had not been refrigerated after opening. Did you know that you had to refrigerate it? I didn't, so I had a bottle of curdled Irish Cream. Ick. Thanks Staci for not letting me drink it. =)



B-52

3/4 oz Kahlua
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
1 oz Grand Marnier

Pour the Kahlua into a glass. Add the Bailey's by pour over the back of a spoon so the liquid hits the side of the glass and gently layers onto the Kahlua. Repeat the same process with the Grand Marnier. Serves 1.


4 comments:

staci said...

Your welcome T and I LOVE the picture! BTW the word verification was wintelee and I thought it said 'wine to mee' how about that !

AGirlintheSouth said...

Staci - perhaps you had a little too much "wine to mee" today???? =)

Kim said...

Oh, I sing a song to vodka... (Insert snappy tune here)

AGirlintheSouth said...

Kim - you've got to try that Moscow Mule...tasty!