Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

30 Days of [Blank] - Day 2


Woohoo! Not only is this Day 2 of 30 Days of [Blank], but it's also my 100th blog post. Can't you just feel the excitement of it all???? In honor of this very special occasion, I'm making one of my FAVORITE drinks today. It really all came together. This is a drink that I love on a hot day, and guess what? It's hot today in Houston. This is a drink that I love with Asian food, and guess what? The weeone and I had takeout Chinese for dinner! This is a drink that my mother is counting on my blogging about, and guess what? I get to do it early in the 30 days before she goes off vacationing and living the life!

So, what you ask is it?

Here are some hints....

You take this....


...and you need some of these....


...in order to have THIS!


Lemon Drop Martini
(aka Heaven in a Glass)

2 oz Vodka (citrus if you have it)
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 Tablespoon Splenda (or a tad more if you don't like them tart)
3 Lemons, juiced
Superfine sugar for the rim of the glass
Decortive lemon peel for making your drink pretty

Shake all of the ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into a martini glass!
Makes 1 so double if you've had a day and quadruple if a friend is joining you!

If you drink too many...they look more like this....


This is my mother's favorite cocktail. She's the woman who taught me that "There's never enough Vodka"!

Cheers, Mom!


4 comments:

staci said...

Oh my you are getting so Artsy with the photos. I LOVE IT !!! How come we have never shared one of these drinks? and I think I like the word concoction too.

AGirlintheSouth said...

Thanks on the photos...I worked hard to get some good shots....I'm feeling more comfortable with still shots...it when that weeone of mine is on the move that the new camera still baffles me!!!

And perhaps we need to have a Lemon Drop Martini night soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh - I think I really like your mom. I love her mantra! :) Lemon Drop Martinis are my *favorite* - but I must be careful with them - as I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the recipe!

SandyM

AGirlintheSouth said...

Sandy, yep - moderation is key! And yes, my mom is a great Happy Hour Hostess!!! Enjoy the recipe! Today's is a keeper too - check it out!